*in my chrisette michele voice*
and then it comes to me...like an epiphany...
I present to you:
Monie Versus Alcohol- The Untold Story
(this is the argument I ALWAYS have with myself the morning after a night of dranks)I know some of ya’ll be wondering. It aint no secret. Everyone is privy to the drunken status updates from 2 am and on most weekends. It’s nothing nice, but I wanna share my story.
Cause it’s cleansing and whatnot. :/
This morning after a night of Grey Goose and partying I re-evaluated my life—for the third time in 2 weeks. Much like I always do after I’ve had too much to drank. It usually goes something like this:
-Me laying in bed with face buried in the pillow, feeling the after effects of whatever liquor swirling around in my belly, threatening to attack me with chronic diarrhea
- lots of heavy breathing in hopes to calm my stomach and my nerves
Now here comes my thoughts:
-I’m not drinking anymore. This is it. I need to start partying with a mafuckin O'douls in my hand.
-I’m gonna stop. For real this time. It fucks with my anxiety.
-I’m gonna stop going to the club. Only when I’m on vacations I’ll go.I promise! Oh, and on special occasions.
And then after 2 Advil and a cold shower, I’ve forgotten everything me and myself talked about. And probably hours later, I promise you, my partner in crime K. is texting me telling me that there’s a bbq, club, event, whatever going on that night, and
"we’re going!" and my text reply is almost always “Aowwwww!” depending on the amount of school work I've finished.
Cause I’m a mess. And I love this party and bullshit lifestyle that I lead on weekends. Just being honest.
The adrenaline rush I get from putting on make-up, doing my hair, putting on dresses , high heels, and cutesy costume jewelry is borderline scary. Even now as I’m writing this thinking about it all, my mouth is watering and Beyonce’ yelling “All da singuh lay-dies!” is sounding off in my head. (It’s always either that or “Diva”)
I digress—
so …I always go out with intentions of having no drinks.
The battle between Me and Myself goes something like this:
-I ain’t drinking nothing tonight. Nothing!
By the time we get half way to Manhattan:
-Ok, no more than two drinks, that’s it. Cause you really can’t afford it.
-Stop lying to yourself. Financial Aid got you covered. Why you think they gave you all that money anyway? It's a conspiracy! They know school is stressful and you gonna need a lil something; vacations, liquor, therapy,etc. And it’s cheaper and more fun than a spa day. They won’t play Gucci Mane and Vybz Kartel at the spa, and don’t front. You love that shit
When my fiend ass gets inside the club, it’s a whole ‘nother story. First I scope out the scene, and usually the following thoughts occur:
-Yooo, what the fuck is going on up in here! Is she really wearing her church shoes w/ her club dress? These bitches shoe game is tired.
-What the fuck is he wearing? Dancing hard as a muthafucka.
-Ooh. He’s on the down-low. Definitely a bottom. Definitely.
-My gaydar is the shit!
-Where is that bitch’s girdle??
-I wish I could get away with kicking him and not starting no shit. He dancing mad hard and there’s like, no space.
-What. The. Fuck?
-I can’t... I can’t take this shit sober.
-Go on, have 2 shots of Patron. You deserve it, mama.
*please excuse language and grammar… my thoughts are laced w/a tinge of hoodbooga. Sorry.
Before I know it, 2 becomes a maximum of 5. And don’t let K. be on her bottle poppin’ shit, because 1 G&C (Grey Goose and Cranberry juice) may turn into 8 or so. And then after that, I get to facebookin’ and or texting in between shaking a tail feather, eyeballing the room, and sipping the drinks.
And then you get random shit like the following coming up on my page:
“uh oh”
“fugged”
“#191- big bitches, put on your girdle”
“hoaifhri[oahg iroagrjioaghrioea vgioaej grio WHY??” ( <- - that’s when you know I’m really knackered) …and things of that nature Do I have a problem? Nah, I don’t think so. Nor will I sit up here and justify why I don’t think I have a problem. It’s just that I associate certain things with each other. For example:
Alcohol::Clubhouse


Barbecue::Cigarettes

Drunkenness:: Mc Donald’s


Public Pool:: Urination


White liquids:: Semen
I COULD NOT BRING MYSELF TO PUT UP SUCH NASTINESS!
Jermaine Jackson:: Ampro Gel

Tiny:: Cooler from Pound Puppies


You get my drift?
Hell, that’s just me. Hate it or love it.
*Gives self an imaginary hug*
Do I plan to change? As soon as I see any wrinkles or facial lines (if Olay Regenerist or Botox doesn't help) :D
And besides....MY BIRTHDAY IS NEXT SATURDAY!!! Woohooo! 25 for the third time around!
To all my new followers, THANK YOU! Ya'll make my heart smile. I have to subscribe to you guys, read and play catch up and leave comments.
Be blessed kiddies!
xoxomOnie!

Cooler from Pound Puppies. *dead. DNR!*
ReplyDeleteAs long as you aren't finding ways to mix alcohol in your breakfast, lunch AND dinner, or waking up with a tattoo of Jim Jones you don't remember getting ;) ...I think you're doing pretty good!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletelmao!
ReplyDeletei missssed you dear monie (:
you've been missed miss.lady!
ReplyDeleteima just need you to stay away from the bottles... cuz you don't know how to act! LOL.
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!
ReplyDeletei was just getting ready to say isnt our birthday coming up!!!! woooohooooooo!! i'll be 18.. but i'm not even going to front...i will be soooo gone.. which is exactly why i got a hotel suite that i will be in alll night!! the party will come to me and i will sleep where ever i fall!! wont loose my new shoes walk home barefoot... wont do shit but drink party and dance!! i hope you're is greattt!!! bday sister!!
ReplyDeletekudos and accolades. i feel you on this 100% but my arguments with myself are usually about weed.
ReplyDeletelmfaoooo proud puppies!!!
ReplyDeleteu right thats why i try not to drink.. the opain in the tummy hurt special since everyone forever want to drink some damn hard ass dark liquor..Henny