Saturday, March 14, 2009

Some folks are just friggin ridiculous...

I look at my phone...

and I look back and reflect on certain people and situations I've been in with them and come come to realize some folks are friggin ridiculous.

#4: In this life, you have to be careful how you treat people. Sometimes the folks you want to reach out to, you may not be able to because you've treated them like straight shit.

*I'm implementing this into my life rules; hence the "#4"

You cannot do the following to people and then expect them to be there for you:

  1. mental abuse - - this is never good. you potentially run the risk of either getting the piss fire smacked out of you, or being on the receiving end of a whole gang of passive-agressive behavior. And while passive-agressive behavior gets a bad rap; personally, I like that shit. it's like the ultimate form of vendetta. *Lord, forgive me.
  2. outright disrespect- - even though some folks are straight up less than (yup, I'm a classist); you still have to maintain respect. Especially if that person is your friend. You can't talk to them any old kind of way "just because we're friends" then expect that person to be down for you. The one you disrepect will be the same one who gets you set up to get that bad business. Trust and Believe.
  3. theft- - please do not steal from anyone, and then call them a friend. Cause a chick like me will get drunk and tell everyone not to leave stuff around you, because you've attempted to steal shoes, jewelry, etc...
  4. judging folks and being overly self righteousness- - this is never a good look. people want friends who accept them as they are. at least i do. don't get it twisted now: i welcome and appreciate you letting me know i'm slipping, but do.fucking.not.tell me what you would do if you were me, what i should be doing, who i can share my vaginal canal with.... none of that. don't do it.
  5. abandoning a frienship-- you cannot proclaim that someone is one of your nearest and dearest friends, and then treat that person as if they don't exist until you know you're going to see them. I understand we all get busy (trust me, i know), but people know the difference between when their friends are busy and when they've forgotten them.
  6. taking advantage-- this is the absolute fuck you to someone you call a friend. if you know a person can't but is willing because they love you; don't do it to them. and likewise, if you know you can't, don't be unfair to yourself and offer your help, money, clothes... vagina et cetera. It saves you a whole lot of headache. I learned this one the hard way.

By no means am I perfect. I've done shit, said shit I probably should not have, but after honest assessment, I know I've never deserved any of the above treatment. I let people treat me that way; up until fairly recently at that; because I wasn't loving myself enough. But now that I'm deeplymadlytruly in love with moi; the shit won't be going down anymore. I realize I don't have to be nasty and retaliate either. And I'm not cutting anyone off--- because who knows; one of those hos may be able to help me network and potentially gain money out this maf/cka (just being honest).

I am content simply placing such people on my Life Stove's backburner.

Put that in your pot and mek it bubble like SOUP! :)


1 comment:

  1. *applause*

    amen girl! by the way u have an award waiting for u on my page :)

    ReplyDelete