Monday, April 13, 2009

shorty be babblin'- Grad school, etc..


Grad school is harder than folks let on. How some of my friends have managed to get their Masters degrees whilst just living in the DC area I will never know. Everyday I marvel at how having to move back home to Borningsville, USA for a little while was a blessing in disguise. In. Deed.

I know I would have never gotten any work done while I was down there.

Well, I dunno maybe.

Because I for damn sure would not be doing as many online classes.

Being in a classroom setting is great because its filled with people that have logorrhea (yup; just what it sounds like, verbal diarrhea-- and many of them really do be talking shit, literally) and by the time all the incessant talking is done, the teacher forgets to even assign homework. At best, I had 2 papers in one class for the whole semester.

On second though... maybe the online is better.

If you follow me or know me, you know how I feel about babbling bastards who have nothing to say. In a nutshell, they should all be put on an island alone.

When I first started going to grad school there was this Ethiopian man who had an arguement for everything the teacher or anyone else had to say. He made me contemplate committing suicide every Monday nights from 7-10 pm. And for some strange reason, he took a liking to me. He used to offer to drive me home, but as tempting as it was; I never accepted. Because even though I had to wait on busses and/or trains to get home to Silver Spring-- meaning by the time I waltzed into my apartment it was quarter to 12---I would rather ride metro in silence and sometimes violence (ya'll know that Green line is dangerous).

If I had to evaluate my life again, I would so attribute many of the panic attacks to my commute and that Ethiopian man alone.

I digress.

These online classes be trying to break a bitch. Every other week there is a paper. I guess they're out to prove something. And I'm cool with that. I'm out to prove something all the time... but I don't try to kill mafuckas in the process.

Conspiracy? I dunno... I thnk it might be another one in my long list!

And while I do enjoy writing; I only like to write about mainly crazy/silly shit, hot dick and music. Oh, and liquor. Very limited, yes. Does that make me ignorant... I'm still undecided. :) Kidding.

School does in fact appeal to my intellectual side. I actually take pleasure in learning new things, and displaying my best work in order to get those A's that I do. PIus I am in love with marketing, branding, copywriting, and the whole bit.

2 more semesters, ya'll... this summer, and fall, and that's it.

The biggest celebration will commence after it's all said and done.

I shall either rent a party bus or tables at whatever club is popping down in DC at that time. I want strippers, alcohol, midgets, the whole nine. I deserve it. All of you in the DC metro area that read this are welcome to come along.

I was supposed to be using this hour for a break from writing my literary review, but instead I used it to write. How backwards is that?

I've been working all morning anyway. I think I'll treat myself to a Bali Hai clove and a hood novel. I don't know why I'd read, when I've been reading all day all night the past few weeks. I need new hobbies. :(

-xoxomoniexox0

5 comments:

  1. I said I wasn't going to subscribe to any more blogs- but this is soo entertaining, keep doing your thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...i hate online classes but at this point its all i can squeeze in lol they do try to work u to death tho...all the papers, group projects n things are a blower! hey i want an invite to that party too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cloves, first things first. second, go checkk my blog. maybe its corny as shit, haha, but i gave you and your blog some recognition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad i got an honest view of online classes...
    you will make it through, trust.
    i have three more semesters of undergrad left and i am ALREADY planning my party lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep on pushin mama! okay wait... your playlist is just MAKING my morning rite now! got this shit loud as hell. luchini!! aaahh! it's gonna be a good day :) i usually wait til i get to work to startmy internet activities (cuz im a delinquent) but im glad me and my waffles decided to pay you a visit this morning!

    this is it, what!!

    you are thee shit *thumbs up*

    p.s. thanks for takin the time to read my blog from start to finish, that also put a smile on my face this mownin :)

    ReplyDelete