Monday, November 19, 2012

Snakes... in a muthafuckin office

Today my homeboy/coworker and i were chitchatting. He'd gone to lunch with 2 of our government bosses (we'll call the man "Boss Nasty #1 and the female "Boss Nasty #2") and he goes:
"We were talking and you came up"
So, naturally I brace myself for the bullshit.
"Oh...really? I'm afraid to ask why"
Coworker/homey laughs, and goes on to say its not bad. First, they were saying that they were proud of the work I've done; annoyed that my direct manager (We'll call her "Dirty Tooth" because her teeth are shit colored brown) liked to say I wasn't capable of putting out this quality and detail of work, then he hit me with the news that annoyed me:
"Then they asked when was the last time you've cried. I told them its been a while. Then Boss Nasty 1 said 'Good! Because I told her last time to stop being a punk!'
So I kindly rolled my eyes and listened to the rest of what happened at lunch. But now that I am home, I am slightly fucking annoyed. Let's do a quick back track.

Boss Nasty #2 used to be a contractor like myself in the same position under Dirty Tooth. Dirty Tooth used to treat her shitty and as if she were incapable just as she used to do me. So Boss Nasty #2 switched positions, eventually left the company and now came back as a government worker and is the government manager of Dirty Tooth.

Life's a bitch. Be careful of who you kick underneath you because you will find yourself underneath them, looking like a heehaw donkey.

Anywho. When Boss Nasty #2 came back, she used to have all these private side discussions with me about how she likes to see the underdog rise up, and she's going to help me, and bla bla bla. I thought her and Boss Nasty #1 genuine to tell you the truth because I have had talks with them on several occasion.

Now, here's when the crying took place.

One day while i was working on a project that Dirty Tooth had basically ripped to shreds like she does everything people work on without her guidance, I went and talked to Boss Nasty #2. Because she and i had talked before and i thought her an ally. Anyway, while i was talking to her i was so angry. When I am angry, I cry. Its not that I am crying because I'm so hurt. I am crying because i want to fuck a bitch up and i can't without going to jail so this is the best alternative. She tells me to follow her to #1's office so we can continue to talk privately there. While we're talking he comes in and he gives advice and says
"You gotta toughen up, no crying. People will think you're weak."
Ok cool, I understand that. That's not why I'm crying but ok. I didn't bother to correct them.

But I guess I should have correct them because now months later, why is my crying the topic of lunch conversation...with 3 of my coworkers?

Although I'm cool with all 3 of my coworkers, still, why you discussing me with them? I have more than several reasons to believe Nasty #1 and #2 are fucking (we'll get into that another day) but do i go around telling it to their coworkers?  Naw.

You just cannot trust people in the workplace. I am learning this more and more day by day. Many of them, especially the government people, will show you a nice face, talk shit with you, just to see where your head is at, and what they can get out of you. They have no interest in your career or life, and if they do try to get you ahead (which is a rare case) it is only because it will be to their advantage.

Your same coworkers, very often, while they will chat shit with you, hang with you and the like, will  tell you that you're capable of this and that, and although they can help you, they won't. I've been here nearly 3 years and only one person has helped me learn anything and that's Coworker/homey I mentioned earlier. People think if you have education and that they help you, you want to take their job or worse! You may get higher rank or pay than them.


The lesson I've learned here is that you cannot trust people. Sad, but true.  When I take on my next position God blesses me with I will keep very quiet and to myself. I will place my personality on pause, make my money and go home. Because this is some niggerbullshit I simply don't need in my life.



1 comment:

  1. hey lovely! long time no blogtalk... If you get a chance please email me at dana.sukontarak@gmail.com because I'd love to talk to you about writing something for a website I just started. I know this looks like spam lol, but it's not. thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete