Thursday, July 16, 2009

"You're NEGATIVE, honey."





What.


A.


Week!!!





So if you've been following, you know that I recently went to go get blood work done after my visit to the GYN and I was freaking out because of the condom mishap w/ Drunken Munchkin.

Tuesday I went to the lab so they could draw blood and all that great stuff. However, I couldn't take not knowing my status another day. Tuesday and Wednesday I prayed, moped, worried, and complained about whether I was okay or not. My dear sister suggested that since I was so worried about the HIV that she and I go on over to Planned Parenthood and just take a test. I love her. :D

Today was the big day. Talk about being a bundle of nerves. I had the 'rhea (diarrhea) all morning, couldn't eat, just a ball of nerves; reading my Bible and constantly praying.


Thank goodness for Tales From A Groupie because it distracted me for a bit.

And is now one of my favorite blogs to read in my pastime.
I read one helluva story about Mavado. Wrote a blog about that, I'll post it after this.

I digress--

Anywho, my sister and I go to Planned Parenthood. Everyone in the waiting room is looking on edge. One girl called up whoever gave her an STD right there in the middle of waiting room and told the guy, Billy was his name, that she was going to kill him, and that she knew she" got it from him". Then she proceeded to call Billy's mama, ya'll. Everyone in the waiting room looked even more tense after that hot shit.

So they finally call my name.

I go in there, they give me the little pamphlet on the HIV, make me sign a consent form, and show me how to swab my mouth for the testing.

Swab, swab... and then...

I'm waiting what seems to be the longest 20 minutes of my life as the two nurse practitioners so nonchalantly talk about:

  • teens with Chlamydia
  • how Gonorrhea is still in action
  • Syphillis too!
  • lipstick parties
  • the nurse who has been exposing people to Hepatitis C
Now, I'm already anxious as a muthaf/ck. Having to hear all that did not make me feel any better. Finally the timer goes off, and the Nurse Practitioner turns my swab stick around.

"You're negative, honey."

Best three words I've ever heard in my life.


I feel the need to share this story because all this time I've been going to my primary care physician thinking that they've been testing me for HIV during my physicals. I just heard from my therapist that it has just become apart of mandatory blood testing this year in the State of New York. Why? New York, you doing it all wrong, son!!

For the most part I have been socially responsible. I've had unprotected sex with 3 men in the 13 years I've been having sex, and that one condom breakage.... however, you never know where someone else has been and what they've been doing.

Life and good health is something precious. From now on me and whoever I have a sexual relationship with will be heading on over to the Planned Parenthood before anything pops off.

And if I have vacay sex, that ain't nothing but a thing. My older sister works in HIV/AIDS outreach down there. We can go together.

I feel like I've been playing Russian Roulette and lucked up.

From now on, every 6 months on the 16th of whatever month I land on, I'm going for an HIV test. Even if I ain't poppin' off, I'm still going to go. That means I'm due to go January 16, 2010.

There's nothing like knowing. Tonight I can rest peacefully. I pray the lab tests don't show anything bad either. I should know about that next week or so.

Besos Muffins!!


♥ Monie

GET TESTED, YA'LL!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything turned out ok. We all have mishaps and protection doesn't always necessarily "protect" us from everything. You're right...life and good health are not only precious, but priceless as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy to hear you went and everything is just fine! *whew*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Little Miss Knobody & Reese-thx ladies! LMK, you're so right, protection doesn't protect 100 percent. So until they make some condoms that cover a nigga's nutsack... um, yeah! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. GLAD YOU SHARED THIS STORY...GET TESTED PEOPLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post/story! glad eveything went okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yo Monieee !!

    I Juss Recently Got A Test Too ..

    Your Right Bout The Whole Nerves Thing !

    && That Negative Was The Best Neg. I EVER HEARD LOL ..
    But Im Odee Paranoid For NO Reason LMAOO .. BTW
    The Song On Your Page Is My Jam ..

    Got It On The Myspace Pg && EVERYTHING Lol ..

    ReplyDelete